Install Google Play Store on Android Emulator
I tried to install Google Play Store in ICS emulator and came to this article. After few hit and miss, finally made it success with following steps:
- Get latest Google Apps from CyanogenMod Wiki.
- Create an Android virtual device with proper API level.
- Start the AVD from command line: emulator-arm.exe -avd JB -partition-size 512 -no-audio -no-boot-anim -scale 0.51. The crucial parameter is partition-size, otherwise you will receive error like “Out of memory” when pushing .apk files later.
- Remount system partition: adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system
- Push apk: adb push GoogleLoginService.apk /system/app/.
- Push apk: adb push GoogleServicesFramework.apk /system/app/.
- Push apk: adb push Vending.apk /system/app/.
- Now you should have Play Store there: